“A different language is a different vision of life.” ~ Federico Fellini
A Valentine to Whitman’s Paumanok – February 9 – 21, 2019
Bates House at Frank Melville Memorial Park for Four Harbors Audubon Society. An exhibition of images by Long Island photographers of the wildlife and landscapes that influenced the early life of one of America’s greatest poets.
Creatures Large and Small – July 7 – August 14, 2018
Elaine Benson Gallery at the Children’s Museum of the East End. Group exhibition.
Various nature related photographs.
I’m Ready for my Close Up – February 6 – 28, 2016
Art Guild of Port Washington, NY, Juried Exhibition, Winner, 2nd Place
Piece Exhibited: “Girl with Flower: Mafalala”. Color photograph
Pinterest – The New-York Historical Society
Featured photograph, “Bumping Disco, Coney Island”.
Oruburos December 6 – 17, 2007
Tabler Art Gallery, State University at Stony Brook
Piece Exhibited: “Dustiilagus domesticus”. Photographic installation.
Copy Cat July 6 – September 15, 2002
Islip Art Museum
Guest Curator: Simon Taylor, Curator at Guild Hall, East Hampton, NY
Piece Exhibited: “Stem Cells Sold Here”, Mix media.
Exposed May 22 – August 1, 1999
Islip Art Museum
Guest Curator: Janie M. Welker, Asst. Curator at Heckscher Museum of Art, Huntington, NY
Piece Exhibited: “Peep Show, 42nd Street”, Black and White Photograph.
- Book Review with Carl Safina, The Comeback Bird – Ospreys: The Revival of a Global Raptor, by Alan F. Poole. Birding Magazine, September 2019.
- Online essay “Return of a Native: Reflections on the 38th Voyage of the whaling ship Charles W. Morgan, July 11, 2014,” by Patricia Paladines & Carl Safina, National Geographic News Watch, July 21, 2014,
- Book Review, Salt Marshes: A Natural and Unnatural History, by Judith Weiss and Carol A. Butler, East Hampton Star, September 29, 2009
- Book Review, Dark Banquet: Blood and the curious lives of blood-feeding creatures by Bill Schutt, East Hampton Star, January 29, 2009
- Book Review, Soaring with Fidel: An Osprey Odyssey from Cape Cod to Cuba and Beyond by David Gessner, Birding Magazine, July – August 2008 Issue
- Essay, The Cherry Tree East Hampton Star, February 2, 2006,
- Articles on marine life for a bilingual newspaper. Voz Latina, 2005
Published acknowledgments for research assistance include:
- Zinkham, Helena (1998) A Guide to Prints, Photographs, Architecture & Ephemera Collections at The New-York Historical Society, The New-York Historical Society
- Jackson, Kenneth T. (1995) The Encyclopedia of New York City, Yale University Press
- Groth, Paul (1994) Living Downtown: The history of residential hotels in the United States, University of California Press
- Wist, Ronda (1992) On Fifth Avenue: Then and Now, Carol Publishing Group
- Gray, Christopher (1992) Changing New York: The Architectural Scene, Dover Publications
- Van Hoogstraten, Nicholas (1991) Lost Broadway Theatres, Princeton Architectural Press
- Sante, Luc, (1991) Low Life: Lures and Snares of Old New York, Farrar, Straus, Giroux