“To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”— Elliott Erwitt
INVITED TO EXHIBIT
June 11 – July 24, 2022, Reason to be Thoughtful, The Storefront. Curated by Maureen Mahony. Bellport, N.Y. Eighteen images from the Teaching Baby About the Wonders of the World series.
January 26 – April 11, 2022, Through the Lens, Reboli Center for Art and History, Stony Brook, N.Y.
November 4, 2021 – January 23, 2022, Celebrate the Season II, Reboli Center for Art and History, Stony Brook, N.Y. Pieces exhibited: Dream – West Meadow Creek: Swan and Dream: West Meadow Creek: Mermaid
August 19 – September 26, 2021, Local Color, Gallery North, Setauket, NY. Piece exhibited: Teaching Baby About the appearance of human-made debris on uninhabited shores.”
April 17 – July 10, 2021, eARTh – Artists as Activists, Southampton Arts Center, Southampton, NY. Exhibiting 5 images from the Teaching Baby About series.
February 25 – April 3, 2021, Home: Far and Near, Gallery North, Setauket, NY. Piece exhibited: Las Hermanas: Contemplando el jardín de sueños
February 10 – March 10, 2021, My 20/20 World, The Art Guild, Port Washington, NY. Piece exhibited online: Love Heals.
September 3 – November 1, 2020, Four Harbors Audubon Society Board Members Photography, Reboli Center in Stony Brook, NY. Two pieces among bird images by board members to compliment the paining of Vicki Sawyer.
July 7 – August 14, 2018, Creatures Large and Small, Elaine Benson Gallery at the Children’s Museum of the East End, Bridgehampton, NY. Group exhibition. Various nature related photographs.
February 6 – 28, 2016, I’m Ready for my Close Up, The Art Guild, Port Washington, NY, Juried Exhibition. Piece exhibited: “Girl with Flower: Mafalala”. Color photograph. Winner, 2nd Place.
Pinterest – The New-York Historical Society, Featured photograph, “Bumping Disco, Coney Island”.
December 6 – 17, 2007, Oruburos, Tabler Art Gallery, State University at Stony Brook, NY. Piece Exhibited: “Dustiilagus domesticus”. Photographic installation.
July 6 – September 15, 2002, Copy Cat, Islip Art Museum, Guest Curator: Simon Taylor, Curator at Guild Hall, East Hampton, NY. Piece exhibited: “Stem Cells Sold Here”, Mix media.
May 22 – August 1, 1999, Exposed, Islip Art Museum, Islip, NY. Guest Curator: Janie M. Welker, Asst. Curator at Heckscher Museum of Art, Huntington, NY. Piece exhibited: “Peep Show, 42nd Street”, Black and White Photograph.
February 15 – 20, 2020, Valentine to Whitman’s Paumanok, Bates House at Frank Melville Memorial Park, for Four Harbors Audubon Society. An exhibition of images by Long Island photographers of Long Island wildlife and landscapes.
February 9 – 21, 2019, A Valentine to Whitman’s Paumanok, Bates House at Frank Melville Memorial Park, for Four Harbors Audubon Society. An exhibition of images by Long Island photographers of Long Island wildlife and landscapes.
- Book Review with Carl Safina, The Comeback Bird – Ospreys: The Revival of a Global Raptor, by Alan F. Poole. Birding Magazine, September 2019.
- Online essay “Return of a Native: Reflections on the 38th Voyage of the whaling ship Charles W. Morgan, July 11, 2014,” by Patricia Paladines & Carl Safina, National Geographic News Watch, July 21, 2014,
- Book Review, Salt Marshes: A Natural and Unnatural History, by Judith Weiss and Carol A. Butler, East Hampton Star, September 29, 2009
- Book Review, Dark Banquet: Blood and the curious lives of blood-feeding creatures by Bill Schutt, East Hampton Star, January 29, 2009
- Book Review, Soaring with Fidel: An Osprey Odyssey from Cape Cod to Cuba and Beyond by David Gessner, Birding Magazine, July – August 2008 Issue
- Essay, The Cherry Tree East Hampton Star, February 2, 2006,
- Articles on marine life for a bilingual newspaper. Voz Latina, 2005
Published acknowledgments for research assistance include:
- Zinkham, Helena (1998) A Guide to Prints, Photographs, Architecture & Ephemera Collections at The New-York Historical Society, The New-York Historical Society
- Jackson, Kenneth T. (1995) The Encyclopedia of New York City, Yale University Press
- Groth, Paul (1994) Living Downtown: The history of residential hotels in the United States, University of California Press
- Wist, Ronda (1992) On Fifth Avenue: Then and Now, Carol Publishing Group
- Gray, Christopher (1992) Changing New York: The Architectural Scene, Dover Publications
- Van Hoogstraten, Nicholas (1991) Lost Broadway Theatres, Princeton Architectural Press
- Sante, Luc, (1991) Low Life: Lures and Snares of Old New York, Farrar, Straus, Giroux